Metal Scrap Removal
Metal Scrap Removal Appliance and Metal Disposal Hauling Service McAllen
RGV Hauling Junk & Moving
Looking for metal scrap removal? RGV Hauling Junk & Moving offers responsible metal scrap removal, appliance removal and hauling service in McAllen TX. So if you have some metal iron steel appliance sitting in your garage or backyard, give us a call and we will come pick it up. Call us now for metal removal or book a scrap metal removal service now. Bets junk metal removal company in McAllen ! We haul away appliances, basketball poles, clothing poles, file cabinet, heater, water tank, iron, steel, copper, metal office desk, auto scrap, metal shelf, metal rack etc. Cost of metal scrap removal? Free estimates! Call today or book metal scrap removal online fast!
METAL SCRAP REMOVAL
SCRAP METAL REMOVAL SCRAP METAL PICK UP SCRAP METAL HAULING MCALLEN
RGV Hauling Junk & Moving – Scrap Metal Removal
We can also provide you with scrap metal removal and pick up of you live in the McAllen area. However Because of the low rate of return at the scrap yard, we have to charge a minimum fee of 19 dollars to haul away your scrap metal. Get scrap metal removal now in McAllen just by filling out the form below. Please allow up to 30 minutes to hear from an associate in your area who is ready to come to your home or place of business to remove all of you old and unwanted appliances.
Fill out the form below to get scrap metal pick up if you live in or near McAllen.
RECYCLE SCRAP METAL
RGV Hauling Junk & Moving offers very convenient services for scrap metal recycling. Customers are welcome to drop material off at our location and we also provide professional pick up service. Some examples of material we take are as follows:
- Snow blowers
- Exercise Equipment
- Car/Truck Parts
- Farm Equipment
- Fencing Parts
- And Much More!
Basically, if it is made of metal, we can take it!
Our mission, with the service is to keep these resources our of the landfill. Any questions you might have, just contact us and we will rapidly respond.
SCRAP METAL PICK UP IN MCALLEN, TX
RGV Hauling Junk & Moving is committed to building a partnership with both our customers and vendors.
We believe that a professional, ethical organization grows long term relationships and fosters good business for all. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best possible service and return on their metals with our domestic and international vendor relationships and our dedicated staff. We look forward to creating an efficient system for optimizing your metal recycling and beginning our business partnership.
COST OF SCRAP METAL REMOVAL
Lots of people think that just because scrap metal has some monetary value, and people just “give it away” that you’re obligated to provide scrap metal removal services for free.
This is only true if you don’t care about whether or not you’re actually losing money… Which is VERY easy to do.
We created a worksheet for SMF members to will help you evaluate how much a scrap metal removal job is REALLY worth to you, by systematically calculating your costs vs your earnings according to some simple variables.
But first let’s look at how to use it and how it can help you.
In my opinion, no scrap metal removal job is too small, you just need to charge a fee to make it worth it.
The trick is getting the fee ‘just right’ so you always earn AT LEAST what you’re worth, without accidentally over-charging the customer and losing the job.
You’re never losing out by offering a fee for your service to a customer who doesn’t have enough scrap metal for a free removal, but you will ALWAYS lose out when you flat-out turn a customer down.
First let’s look at the costs we need to factor into our assessment.
- Man hours spent driving
- Man hours spent on job
- Man hours spent “breaking down”
- Materials like blades, cutting discs, drill bits.
All of those things cost money, and they can eat away at the profits from your scrap pretty quick if you’re not careful.
So let’s create an example situation to create a practice scrap metal removal cost assessment.
Our fictional example job:
- You’ll be picking up 4 large household appliances (1 stove, 2 washers and a dryer), and a couple hundred lbs of weight equipment.
- The scrap is located about 30 miles away (30 minutes), and you’ll be bringing along a helper to assist in loading the scrap. There won’t be any breaking down or extra materials such as blades required. We’ll also assume that it should take about an hour to get everything loaded up and be out of there.
- Looks like it could quality for a free removal right? Let’s find out!
Ok, so we have a general understanding of the job, let’s start factoring costs…
- Fuel – First you need to know how much your fuel will cost.
- To start off you’ll need to know your vehicle’s MPG (miles per gallon).
- (If you don’t know how to calculate your MPG, go here: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+calculate+mpg)
- Let’s assume you’ll be taking only 1 truck, it gets 20mpg on average, and the cost of fuel is currently $3 per gallon.
- The job is 30 miles away and you get 20mpg, so you will consume 1.5 gallons of gas EACH WAY (30mi / 20mpg), for a total of 3 gallons of gas.
- 3 gallons x $3/gallon = $9
Total cost of fuel is $9
Next you need to figure out how much our man hours are worth, for both you AND your partner/helper.
The first step to this is determining WHAT YOU’RE WORTH, per hour.
If you haven’t done so already, place an hourly wage on yourself and your helper, separately, right now.
Let’s assume that your hourly wage is $20, and your helper’s hourly wage is $15. It’s important to put a value on yourself.
Next, you need to estimate how many man hours it will take to complete the job.
If you ARE going to include drive time in your man hours, calculate your total hours by adding together the following estimated values:
- Total hours to job x2 (don’t forget the drive back)
- Total hours on job
- Total hours spent breaking down (if any)
If you are NOT including drive time in your man hours, calculate your hours using the following estimated values:
- Total hours on job
- Total hours spent breaking down (if any)
Total them all up. We will charge for drive time in this example.
For our example job, we have a total of 2 man hours (2 total hours per person. 1 total hour worth of driving, 1 hour on the job).
We won’t be breaking anything down and we don’t need any materials like blades to get the job done so we can skip that.
Next we need to calculate the total cost per hour, which is the sum of your hourly wage AND your helper’s hourly wage.
In our case our total cost per hour is $35 per hour ($20 for you + $15 for your helper = $35)
So you have 2 man hours to account for at $35, so for our example job, including drive time, the cost of man hours comes to $70 (2 hours x $35/hour).
Now we need to add our cost of FUEL to our cost of MAN HOURS and we have the ‘true’ cost for this scrap metal removal job.
- Cost of fuel = $9
- Cost of man hours = $70
- Total cost for removal job = $79
Ok, great, you know how much you have to make AT A BARE MINIMUM from the scrap in order for it to qualify as a “free removal”.
So the next step is to estimate how much the scrap is actually worth.
To do this, assuming it’s all light iron (regular steel) you just need to know the steel price per ton and make a good guess at how much the scrap weighs.
- Let’s assume that scrap steel is going for .06/lb, which is about $130/ton.
- We’ll also assume that all 4 of the appliances each weigh about 100lbs, totaling 400lbs, and exercise equipment is 300lbs. This gives us a grand total of 700lbs.
- At .06 cents per pound, the value of our scrap is only about $42!
- With a total cost of $79 to even DO this job, and only $42 in scrap value means you’re actually losing almost $40 if you remove this scrap for free! ($42 for scrap – $79 for hours/fuel = $37 loss)
- You have to charge a fee of AT LEAST $37 to earn what you deserve.
Does all of that make sense?
Our example job looked like it would make a few bucks, but that wasn’t the case.
Don’t always assume that just because it’s “free”, that it’s worth it.
CALL US FOR:
- Alton TX metal scrap removal near me
- Brownsville TX metal scrap removal near me
- Donna TX metal scrap removal near me
- Edcouch TX metal scrap removal near me
- Edinburg TX metal scrap removal near me
- Elsa TX metal scrap removal near me
- Granjeno TX metal scrap removal near me
- Harlingen TX metal scrap removal near me
- Hidalgo TX metal scrap removal near me
- La Joya TX metal scrap removal near me
- La Villa TX metal scrap removal near me
- McAllen TX metal scrap removal near me
- Mercedes TX metal scrap removal near me
- Mission TX metal scrap removal near me
- Rio Grande City TX metal scrap removal near me
- Raymondville TX metal scrap removal near me
- Palmhurst TX metal scrap removal near me
- Palmview TX metal scrap removal near me
- Penitas TX metal scrap removal near me
- Pharr TX metal scrap removal near me
- Progreso TX metal scrap removal near me
- Progreso Lakes TX metal scrap removal near me
- San Juan TX metal scrap removal near me
- Sullivan City TX metal scrap removal near me
- Weslaco TX metal scrap removal near me