Best Recycling Service and Cost in McAllen, TX
RGV Hauling Junk & Moving
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: Are you looking for the Best Appliance Recycling Service near McAllen TX? RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING, is dismantling waste home appliances and scrapping their parts for reuse. Recycling appliances for their original or other purposes, involves disassembly, removal of hazardous components and destruction of the end-of-life equipment to recover materials, generally by shredding, sorting and grading. We also offer reasonable rates, so when you trust us for your appliance recycling Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Appliance Recycling Service around McAllen TX. We serve McAllen TX and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST RECYCLING SERVICE IN MCALLEN TX
Recycling in McAllen TX
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: The good news is that many of your used appliances can be recycled. Appliances manufactured with mostly metal, such as washers and dryers, make up around 10% of the steel recycled in every year.
Materials such as steel, aluminum, tempered glass, and plastic are recovered from the recycling of common appliances and then are used to make new products.
Types of appliances that are usually accepted at the white goods/metal recycling area of the transfer station include large, metal appliances such as:
- Air Conditioners
- Ice Makers
- Deep Freezers
- Wine Cellars
- junk removal vs dumpster rental
When moving these appliances, be careful not to damage any tubing or leak any coolant, since this can be very dangerous. Take off any doors and hire a professional to drain the coolant from your appliances before hauling them to be recycled.
Gas tanks, propane, or refrigerant tanks have to be taken separately to a hazardous waste center to be properly disposed of. Any batteries will need to be disposed of separately, too.
When thinking about hauling your old appliances to be recycled, keep in mind you will need someone to help you load and unload those heavy appliances you want to dispose of, especially refrigerators and washer/dryer sets.
If you’ve ever tried to move a fridge or stove, you know it’s a difficult job without help. Aside from the heavy lifting dangers associated with trying to haul a heavy appliance to the dump, improper disposal can also harm the environment. Many old households contain ozone-depleting chemicals that disperse into the air when left to break down in a landfill. Taking the proper steps to handle your appliance removal responsibly not only preserves your back health, but the health of the environment, too.
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: At RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING, we’re experts in responsible appliance disposal. We’ve got the inside scoop on proper recycling practices, and the equipment necessary to safely remove your old appliances without you having to damage your back, or your home. And if your old appliance still works, we’ll donate it to charity.
One of the easiest ways to save energy around the house is by purchasing energy-efficient appliances. Be sure to recycle your old ones, though, because they’re mostly made up of metal.
Large Appliances Recycling Preparation
- Unplug your appliance for several days before recycling to let it cool down.
- In the case of older air conditioners, freezers and refrigerators, you’ll need to confirm whether the recycler removes Freon. If not, you’ll need to contact a professional for Freon removal.
- If you bought a new appliance and it’s being delivered, ask the company if it will haul away your old appliance. In many cases, the truck will accept multiple appliances for recycling even if only one is being delivered.
- If you’re getting rid of a still-working product that is less than five years old, consider donating it. Habitat for Humanity operates Restore locations throughout that sell building supplies to raise money for new houses, and they will often accept newer, working appliances.
- Tape any doors with masking or duct tape so they don’t fly open during transport.
- If you need to transport the appliance to the curb or a truck, use a dolly. Large appliances are far too heavy for one person to carry.
Why Recycle Large Appliances
- Steel (the most recycled material) makes up 75 percent of the average appliance, and home appliances account for 10 percent of steel recycled each year.
- Refrigerators and air conditioners use fluorocarbons to chill air, and chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are a leading contributor to ozone depletion. CFCs are released from a trashed refrigerator but will be safely processed by a recycler. Many utility companies will provide you with a credit to buy a new appliance and recycle the old one, not to mention the money you’ll save on your monthly bill.
How much is Appliance Removal or Recycle?
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: Each junk removal service charges a different price to pick up your unwanted appliances. You can find prices for appliance removal listed on the web for anywhere between $80 and $625. That’s because a lot of different factors can influence appliance removal cost.
Using a junk removal service to get rid of an old refrigerator or chest freezer for you could cost a little more than if you were to dispose of your appliance yourself.
Professional haulers have to charge for their services because to responsibly dispose of your washer or dryer, they have to be able to cover the disposal fees they’re charged by the disposal facility.
A professional junk removal company also has to cover their overhead costs such as licensing and background checks for the people picking up the appliances, as well as insurance policies and proper equipment to ensure you are protected from any accidental damage during the appliance removal process.
For these reasons, you should seriously consider using a professional hauling company, instead of using some guy you found on Craigslist or Taskrabbit, to pick up and dispose of your old dishwasher or wine cooler.
However, there are a few other things you can consider to help you make sure you’re getting the least expensive appliance removal service possible.
Booking Appliance Recycle
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: Many junk removal services advertise same-day service for disposal of your old air conditioner or portable fireplace, but this can be misleading since it doesn’t always mean same-day pickup. It can be days to weeks before a junk hauler can haul away your old appliances.
That’s because you have to book an appointment with the junk disposal service for them to send someone out and give you a price estimate for your appliance pickup. Then you have to schedule yet another appointment for your appliance to be hauled away.
The problem with this is that you have to be there for both appointments. Unless you have a lot of free time on your hands, you’ll probably have to take time off work or cancel plans so you can be there.
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: Most junk removal services base their pricing on the volume of the items they are picking up. This tactic makes it easier for the person picking up your appliances to jack up the price once your appliances and any other items are loaded onto the truck.
When a junk removal company bases their prices on volume but you only have one or two appliances, like a mini fridge or lawn mower you need to get rid of, this makes it very costly and inefficient for you.
Most Affordable Appliance Disposal Service
Recycling Service near McAllen TX: You can get high-quality, affordable appliance removal when you book an appliance pickup with RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING.
RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING disposes of the appliances and other junk they pick up in an eco-friendly way. Appliances that are still in good working condition are donated to local charities.
Any other appliances are taken to your local recycling facility. Disposing of anything by dropping it off at a landfill is only ever done if more eco-friendly disposal options aren’t available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I recycle my old refrigerator or freezer?
Refrigerators and freezers use Freon and other chlorofluorocarbons as a refrigerant. These cooling agents have been identified as ozone-depleting substances and must be safely drained from refrigeration units by a trained technician at a licensed facility.
Many local landfills and transfer stations are equipped to recycle fridges and freezers. The units can also be picked up by private disposal or recycling companies. A handful of municipalities in B.C. offer free pick-up of fridges and freezers.
My fridge or freezer is still working. Can I donate it?
Most charities no longer accept fridges and freezers for donation. Unfortunately, these large items are too costly to transport and store. However, there may be someone in your community who is interested in reusing the appliance or salvaging it for parts.
Can I recycle large appliances like washers and dryers?
If the items are in very good, working condition, there may be someone in your community who is interested in reusing the appliance or salvaging it for parts depending on its age and condition.
If the appliances are no longer in good condition, large appliances are part of the Major Appliance Recycling Roundtable (MARR) recycling program in BC. Through this program, most landfills and transfer stations accept large appliances recycling. There may also be several scrap metal companies who would accept the appliances for their metal.
Where can I take my microwave for recycling?
RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING Recycling manages a province-wide recycling program for recycling small electrical appliances, including countertop microwaves. Through this program, small appliances can be dropped off for free at a number of designated RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING Recycling depots across the Province. All items should be returned in a clean state with no food or liquid residue. Built-in or over-the-range microwaves, however, are not included in this recycling program.
Where can I take my electrical power tools for recycling?
RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING Recycling is the organization that manages a province wide recycling program for small electrical appliances, including power tools. Electrical tools can be dropped off for free at a number of RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING depots across the province.
How do I recycle my smoke or carbon monoxide alarm?
RGV HAULING JUNK & MOVING Recycling currently manages the provincial recycling program for used or expired smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms. This program excludes units that are connected to building-wide monitoring or alarm systems.
CALL FOR US:
- Recycling Service Near McAllen TX
- Appliance Recycling Free Pick Up
- Appliance Recycling Program
- Home Appliance Recycling Law
- Free Appliance Recycling
- Small Appliance Recycling McAllen TX
- Consumers Energy Appliance Recycling
- Free Appliance Recycling
- Appliance Removal Cost
- Recycle My Fridge
- Refrigerator Recycling
- Appliance Disposal Near McAllen TX
- Refrigerator Disposal Free
- Does Anyone Pick Up Old Appliances For Free
- How To Get Rid Of Old Appliances For Free
- Free Appliance Removal
- Alamo TX Recycling Services near me
- Alton TX Recycling Services near me
- Brownsville TX Recycling Services near me
- Donna TX Recycling Services near me
- Edcouch TX Recycling Services near me
- Edinburg TX Recycling Services near me
- Elsa TX Recycling Services near me
- Granjeno TX Recycling Services near me
- Harlingen TX Recycling Services near me
- Hidalgo TX Recycling Services near me
- La Joya TX Recycling Services near me
- La Villa TX Recycling Services near me
- McAllen TX Recycling Services near me
- Mercedes TX Recycling Services near me
- Mission TX Recycling Services near me
- Rio Grande City TX Recycling Services near me
- Raymondville TX Recycling Services near me
- Palmhurst TX Recycling Services near me
- Palmview TX Recycling Services near me
- Penitas TX Recycling Services near me
- Pharr TX Recycling Services near me
- Progreso TX Recycling Services near me
- Progreso Lakes TX Recycling Services near me
- San Juan TX Recycling Services near me
- Sullivan City TX Recycling Services near me
- Weslaco TX Recycling Services near me